Wednesday, August 27, 2008

gift project

Here is the beginning of a gift I am working on. It is from this book, which I picked up at the library sale two weeks ago. I'm using two yarns - a red cotton with a silver metallic thread running through it and a homespun singles wool. It is much sparklier than in the photo.

There are disadvantages to using such a lively singles. It has a lot of energy and I keep having to untangle it. However, that makes the repeating stitch more interesting, even if it does slow me down.

See the little bit of white fluff at the top? That is a bit of angora fur that managed to sneak in somehow. Gotta love those bunnies.

The rain was wonderful this morning. I sat out on the back porch crocheting and listening for a half hour. A dove was cooing, the rain was misting down steady and sweet, running into the rain barrel and plunking off the porch roof into a plastic bucket. We have been in drought for so long, I feel as thirsty for the sight and sounds of rain as the plants must.

No comments: