Thursday, May 21, 2009

things that sprout in the night

This morning when B came down he said, "Wow, look at the bean teepees that sprouted in the garden overnight." In the world of reality, I woke at dawn as he was tossing about with pain from the back muscle strain from moving the ficus outdoors yesterday evening and hauled them into place. But they do look as though they bloomed overnight, don't they?

One task for today is to sort through the bean seeds in the friggie and see which ones want to be planted this year.

This morning I also up potted a late crop of tomatoes that sprouted in the biodome bottom just as I was getting it ready to bring in, clean up and put away. They will do well to replace tomato plants that burn out or to fill in any spaces. If there are any spaces. I like a well planted garden.

I also wanted to post a pic of this necklace I designed for P before I mail it off to her. Poor thing, she is struggling with her health and struggling with staying optimistic. Anyway, I found this stone on the top of a mountain and wanted to give it to her. The rock is chalcopyrite, B says. For those who believe such, it helps to remove energy blockages and aids in the movement of chi. The pic is a bit blurry. I don't do close ups well. Besides the stone, there are glass beads, silver wire, and hand spun and dyed churro. P has tests on her heart today.

No comments: