Friday, October 5, 2007

Pain

Not a good day - yesterday and the evening before.

My disabled, mentally ill sister called in tears. She was in pain with her teeth from some long delayed dental work. Long delayed because she had no way to pay for it and apparently her medical coverage didn't extend that far.

In pain because her beloved 19 year old son "borrowed" $500.00 last month - all she could scrape together. Now he won't return her calls and she doesn't know if she has enough money to make it through this month.

I sent her some money, wrote him a letter which I cc'd to my husband and his Great Uncle. I was a lot more gentle than I would have liked to be.

But I doubt anything will do much good and I am afraid I will have to pick up the pieces again when she falls apart.

It almost destroyed me the last time. I don't know if I can do it again.

No comments: