Tuesday, October 2, 2007

cat TV

Cat TV became interactive this morning.

Kamath likes to sit in the front window and watch the wildlife outside, lashing his tail and gnashing his teeth. As a matter of fact, we have to raise the blind every morning for him or he bashes it with a paw until we do.

This morning I went back upstairs after B left to get a shirt and there was Kamath, tail going like a windshield wiper and hissing softly. On the roof outside the window a squirrel danced back and forth, sometimes sitting up with his front feet folded on his chest, other times turning his back and violently flipping his tail.

This went on for 10 minutes.

Neither could get to the other through 2 layers of glass and I guess it was a good way for them to start the day - the animal equivalent of my cup of coffee.

On another note, Bubba caught a chipmunk today and waited until I got back from the feed and seed to eat it. I saw her in the front yard after something when I left at 3 and it was nearly 5 when I got back. It seems the need to show off is not limited to humans.

No comments: