Wednesday, July 25, 2012

tooth loss

Had to go to the dentist this morning.  It was afternoon before I exited.  The dentist and assistant worked through their lunch hour for me.  Something that makes me feel a little better about myself.  That may be I have some value if someone was willing to do that.  I knew going in that it was a distinct possibility I might loose a tooth.  Not that I take bad care of my mouth, usually at cleanings I get compliments.  I had x-rays the last time I had a cleaning and nothing was amiss, so this must have developed since then..

I have had pain for a month, but with the wedding and husband's job woes and loss, I ignored it.

I don't mind much loosing a tooth, I've already lost a thyroid, a large chunk of my arm, my appendix and most of my self esteem.

This problem was caused from an old filling that resulted in nerve  decay and finally an abscess.

Bad as it was to loose a tooth, it was healing to have some attention paid to me.  Hasn't been much of that around here lately for various reasons.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not addicted to pain and don't have Munchhausen's, but I can see how it could happen.




No comments: